Turbo Business Pro Headline Animator

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Great Questions Regarding 7 Figure Success Formula http://bit.ly/nllbxj Robert asks…Can someone help me understand Bernoulli process with probability?Ok, so someone helped me with this on Yahoo! Answers before and I am still trying to figure it out completely. I only halfway understand it.

So, I think the formula for this is P(x=k) = (nCk)p^k (1-p)^(n-k). If you have a process that consists of 11 trials with a probability of success of 0.3, then:

a) To find the probability of obtaining exactly 5 successes, you would do:
?? What is the C in (nCk) stand for?

P(X=5) = (11C5)(0.3)^5(0.7)^6= ? because I do not know what the C means

b) Find the probability of obtaining at least 8 successes.
So... P(X=8) + P(X=9) +P (X=10) + P(X=11), tells me what?

c) Find the probability of obtaining at most 3 successes?
P(X=0) + P(X=1) +P(X=2) + P(X=3)

Does P = 0.3 and n = 11?

Please help. Thank you so much for your help and patience.Larry McCann answers:# "?? What is the C in (nCk) stand for?"

It stands for "combination"

No comments: