Turbo Business Pro Headline Animator

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Great Questions Regarding Marketing Minds At Work http://bit.ly/n97v4x Jenny asks…is there a resource for asperger to understand other TYPES of people?Not social skills training. what I need is a book or media to help an asperger understand other people's motivations, needs and expectations. How their minds work and how they perceive things. Their different types and what social rules they prefer.
Obviously this resource is not needed to be necessarily directed at Aspergers. marketing and psychology boks ar OK.Larry McCann answers:For me, reading fiction helped me understand other people. Yes, fiction is quite different from real life. But fiction lets you experience a different perspective. You can get inside someone's thoughts, and see what motivates them and how they perceive life. This is more than I get out of real people, whose feelings are not written down. Reading books helped me understand and empathize with others better.Carol asks…psychology or marketing? want to study marketing/work in it?Psychology or marketing? want to study marketing!?
Psychology or Marketing? want to study marketing?
Ok ,so I would love to study marketing, Im very creative, and understand the human mind well. Im talented in business (so much that my business teacher says im a super talent, not trying to show off, just pointing out where i stand!). I have thought about studying business management and marketing, yet now i think ive decided that because im so creative (i love to write creatively and imagine things and stories) that i would like to do full time marketing, and preferably marketing management.
I get excellent grades and would like to study in a top university. High pay in a job is important to me, as I have hobbies which i love and want to keep, which are quite expensive, such as horseback riding. I like working in a team, and have good 'leader qualities' (i like to be the one in charge).
My question: Is marketing a good choice? is it well paid??

Next question: what would be best to study for marketing?? I have heard that if you study psychology, the marketing industry lies at your feet, so it is better to study psychology than marketing? Is there a form of studying both??

ThanksLarry McCann answers:Why don't you study yourself for a few years? Go somewhere you never thought you would go. Join the peace core, learn more about who you are before jumping into a career.

Why do you want to pressure and lie and manipulate to people into buying useless crap for the rest of your life? Will you be able to sleep at night with a job that greedy, boring and dishonest? If you like horses, why not just be cowboy? Seriously.

All the crap in the world won't make you happy, trust me, my family and I went from having millions to food stamps in a matter of 5 years and I am happier now than I ever have been.Susan asks…Should I take this job offer that was given to me by Vector Marketing?I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, in Canada and my friends went for job interviews at Vector Marketing. I didn't really know what it was, so I called into their offices. They told me that I could go in for an interview TOMORROW and they told me the following information:
-apparently, I wouldn't be working in a call center or door-to-door, because they don't do that anymore
-i would get a base pay of $15.50/hour whether or not i sold merchadise
-I would be interacting face-to-face with a customer, no online stuff
-That if i got hired, i could pick an office to work at closer to home (since their regional building that I'm going to the interview for is all the way on the other side of town)
-they had really flexible hours that i could choose from once I start school in the fall

I looked up on what other people thought about them, and i always heard some really negative stuff. Are they really a scam? I'm not on commission (apparently) so whenever i hear people complaining about the pay, I don't really think i'll have a problem with that. I don't mind working and interacting with people, because I'm very sociable, but with the given information. Should I go for the interview and accept the job if they offer me one?Larry McCann answers:They are correct in some of the statements:

You would not be selling door-to-door, because they want you to sell to family & friends. But you'll run out of these pretty fast, then you'll be forced to do door-to-door if you want to keep selling. Most people quit before reaching this stage.

You probably will work out of your home, using your own transport to visit your friends & family. So you will not work at their building.

You will certainly interact with customers face-to-face. That's how they sell - by demonstrating the knives in homes.

Since you are required to make your own appointments, and find your own customers, your hours will indeed be flexible.

I would be very skeptical about the claim of $15.50/hour whether you sold or not. As the poster above says, get this fact in writing, and signed by a senior manager, not a field recruiter.

My strong suspicion is that they are giving you a line to swallow.

Avoid Vector, it will not be a good or profitable experience for you.Michael asks…Looking for work, anywhere in Canada.. Cant find a job in Ottawa and i don't care about moving. suggestions?Hi my name is Mark, I am 22 and reasonably fit and I've dug myself into kind of a rut. I have had jobs doing dishes, cooking, general and hard labour, driving,wal-mart.. i've even resorted to passing out fliers. I was recently laid off from a fine dining restaurant because we weren't getting enough business. I'm an honest, hard working and reliable individual, but with the current job market the only types of jobs i can find are the ones i want to avoid. I don't mind hard work at all, just as long as the pay makes it worth it. but with kitchen jobs you never get steady hours...

anyways to make a long story short, i am tired of all this. I want to move somewhere, and get a job with plenty of hours and a good pay. What i would like from you is GOOD suggestions on where i could send my resume and who to talk to.

'PLEASE NO WORK AT HOME SCAMS, or anything having to do with working at home, marketing, or any get rich quick schemes.

I would appreciate any information that could lead to me being employed..

Thank you.
MarkLarry McCann answers:Hi Mark, seems like you are not afraid of hard work so why don't you challenge yourself to go to Algonquin College? If you have been laid off and can't find suitable employment the government will pay you to go to school for retraining then you can get a good job and a trade. Hope this helps. Have a very good week end.Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments: